Sweet almond oil is obtained by first cold pressing the fruit of Prunus amygdalus var. Dulcis. belonging to the Rosaceae family.
The almond tree is a deciduous tree that can reach 10 m in height. With a smooth, green and brown stem when young, it becomes cracked, scaly and greyish when adult. Simple, lanceolate, long, narrow and pointed leaves, 7.5-12.5 cm long and an intense green color, with serrated or scalloped edges. The solitary flower or in groups of 2-4, is pentameric with five sepals, five petals with variable colors between white and pink depending on the species of about 3-5 cm in diameter. The fruits are about 3-6 cm long in drupe with leathery exocarp and mesocarp and hard endocarp, oblong, ellipsoidal, with dry flesh, tomentose, green, dehiscent. It takes 9 months to mature.
Fruity from warm areas, tolerates little cold. Most almond trees are grown in dry land, on loose and sandy soils. The seed has two enveloping integuments, the testa and the tegmen.
It is normally multiplied by grafting on a bitter almond tree, as it is more resistant to drought and limestone soils.
The benefits of sweet almond oil are as follows:
- Protects and moisturizes the skin: Almond oil can be applied directly to the skin to hydrate and protect it naturally. It is perfect even for sensitive skin.
- Thicken the lashes: It has moisturizing properties that will help your lashes look much healthier.
- For stretch marks: Thanks to its emollient and smoothing properties, this oil provides better circulation, which can help reduce stretch marks
- Improves the appearance of the nails: For this we only have to dip a cotton ball in almond oil and pass it around the entire contour of the nail two or three times a day.
- Anti-inflammatory effect: Thanks to its zinc and vitamin E content, it has been shown that almond oil acts as a powerful emollient and soothing when treating areas where there are eczema, herpes or an excessive accumulation of dry skin.
- Reduces dryness and irritation: It is considered one of the most hydrating oils, helping to soften the skin and giving it more elasticity without cracking it. It eliminates itching and also prevents the appearance of more serious dermatitis and considerably relaxes the irritation and itching caused by skin rashes.
- Heals wounds and minor burns: Almond oil also has a moisturizing effect on the skin. For this reason, it is a powerful ally to treat mild wounds or burns.
- Eliminates skin blemishes: Its whitening ability is another reason why this oil has become so popular among people with blemishes and skin marks.
- Reduce dark circles: Just apply a little almond oil around the eyes, using circular motions, before sleeping
- Make-up remover: Apply a few drops all over your face and eyes, dry, and massage to remove all makeup from both eyes and face
- Nourishes and protects hair: Contains a high concentration of proteins and vitamins A, B and E, which help add shine to dry and lifeless hair.
Sweet almond oil is transparent liquid appearance, which has a color that ranges from light yellow to colorless and with a mild characteristic odor.
From light yellow to colorless
Vitamins E and K
C/ Antonio Gómez Millán, nº 29
Parque Tecnológico Citec
41120, Gelves (Seville)
Tel: +34 955439492
Nº RGSEAA 31.003179/SE
© Labdassence | SL de Plantas Aromáticas Industrializadas.
VAT ES B28305621 – N° RGSEAA 31.003179/SE