Orange essential oil is obtained from the pericarp of the Citrus sinensis L. fruit, belonging to the Rutaceae family. It is a tree of medium size, 3 to 5 m. tall and of Asian origin that was introduced in Spain by Arabs.
Its main producers are Brazil, followed by the USA, especially Florida, although Argentina, Italy, Israel and Spain have good productions.
Citrus sinensis L. distillation occurs throughout the year.
The benefits of orange essential oil are as follows:
- Anti-inflammatory: Provides quick and effective relief from inflammation, whether internal or external, helping to reduce irritation and pain. It is usually recommended to reduce inflammation associated with eczema and psoriasis.
- Antiseptics/antibacterials: Avoid infections as it inhibits microbial growth and disinfects wounds. Thanks to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory power, it can combat acne production on the skin. It can also alleviate acne effects such as redness, pain, and inflammation.
- Onics: Tones each system to function properly throughout the body, maintains proper metabolic system, contributes to strength, and increases immunity.
- Moisturizing/rejuvenating: Hydrates and nourishes the skin, helping to give it elasticity, reducing facial wrinkles and expression lines.
- Activates the production of collagen: It is greatly beneficial to combat the signs of aging such as wrinkles or dark spots since it stimulates the production of collagen. In addition, thanks to its antioxidant power, it protects the skin from sun damage and pollution.
Orange essential oil is a mobile liquid, with a color ranging from yellow to reddish yellow, with a characteristic odor, the scent of orange peel.
Characteristic odor, the scent of orange peel
From yellow to reddish yellow
Main components of orange essential oil are: limonene (considered a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals and inflammation), myrcene, alpha-pinene, myrcenolinalol, citral, farnesol and geraniol. This composition makes sweet orange essential oil a perfect ally for skin care.
C/ Antonio Gómez Millán, nº 29
Parque Tecnológico Citec
41120, Gelves (Seville)
Tel: +34 955439492
Nº RGSEAA 31.003179/SE
© Labdassence | SL de Plantas Aromáticas Industrializadas.
VAT ES B28305621 – N° RGSEAA 31.003179/SE