Grapeseed oil is obtained by first cold pressing from the seed of the botanical species Vitis vinifera L. belonging to the Vitaceae family.
It is a semi-woody or climbing plant that, when allowed to grow freely, can reach more than 30 m, but which, by human action, pruning it annually, is reduced to a small 1 m bush. Its fruit, the grape, is edible and raw material for the manufacture of wine and other alcoholic beverages. Sometimes the vine is called by the name of grapevine -particularly one whose product is table grape-, although in fruit growing a vine is called a vine or grapevine to a system of conduction of vine plants in height, used particularly for specimens of careful production, since its grapes are intended for fresh consumption.
The trunk, twisted, tortuous and up to 6m long, has a thick and rough bark that falls off in longitudinal strips. The young branches, called shoots, are flexible and very thickened at the nodes; alternating on them are arranged the leaves, large (up to 14 by 12 cm), with deciduous stipules, they have a suborbicular, palmately lobed or subentery limbus, irregularly dentate, obtuse, acute or slightly acuminate, chordate, glabrous, pubescent -aracnoid or tomentose- arachnoid; They are often called branches. The bifurcated tendrils are opposite the leaves and curl and harden as soon as they find support.
The flowers are hermaphroditic or unisexual, gathered in lateral panicles opposite the leaves. The sepals are welded and inconspicuous, sometimes reduced to a ring. The petals are greenish, coalescing in the upper part, and precociously deciduous. The stamens are erect at first, then reflexes. The ovary is ovoid to globose in shape, with a single stigma. The fruit is a globose or oblong berry, with 2-4 ovoid pyriform seeds with elliptical chalaza, 2 longitudinal grooves separated by a sharp ridge, the rounded apex, and the trilobed endosperm.
Benefits of grapeseed oil are as following:
- Heart Disease: Proanthocyanidins found in grape seed extract, too, have been shown to help promote the structural strength of blood vessels, help stabilize collagen, and maintain elastin. Collagen and elastin are two proteins found in connective tissue that support organs, joints, and muscles.
- Hemorrhoids: This blood vessel strengthening effect of grape seed extract may also help prevent and treat hemorrhoids and treat a condition known as chronic venous insufficiency, which occurs when the valves in the veins carry blood back to the heart. they are weak or damaged. Blood that collects in the leg veins can cause varicose veins, spider veins, or leg sores.
- Cancer: One of the polyphenols contained in grape seed extract is called resveratrol. In laboratory and animal studies, resveratrol from grape seeds has been shown to interfere with cancer cell growth and division, as well as causing some cancer cells to disintegrate faster than they normally would. In addition, it can also block the enzymes that prolong the survival of various types of cancer cells.
- Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia is an elusive disorder associated with chronic muscle pain and stiffness. The antioxidant power of grape seed extract can help minimize fibromyalgia damage by protecting besieged muscle cells.
- Endometriosis: Disorders like endometriosis, which are affected by the release of hormone-like substances called prostaglandins, can benefit from the extracts’ ability to block the release of this chemical-causing pain and inflammation. Grape seed extract effectively penetrates cell membranes throughout the body with its antioxidant properties. It can even cross into the brain (which crosses the blood-brain barrier) to protect brain cells from free radical damage.
- Skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema: Certain components within the skin – collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, are involved in keeping it healthy. OCP helps keep these substances in good shape by blocking enzymes that could affect their chemical structure. In this way, grape seed extract can be useful in treating inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis. Its flavonoids also inhibit allergic reactions that can lead to skin problems such as eczema.
- Reduce allergy symptoms: As a natural antihistamine, grape seed extract can help control sneezing, congestion and other hallmarks of an allergic reaction.
- Hair Growth: Grape seed extract can help defeat the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) that stops the hair follicle growth cycle. Grape seed extract can help stimulate healthy hair growth.
Grapeseed oil is liquid appearance, which has a color that ranges from yellow to green and with a characteristic smell.
From yellow to green
The components os grapessed oil are fatty acids, omega 9 and omega 6 (high in oleic acid), vitamin E.
C/ Antonio Gómez Millán, nº 29
Parque Tecnológico Citec
41120, Gelves (Seville)
Tel: +34 955439492
Nº RGSEAA 31.003179/SE
© Labdassence | SL de Plantas Aromáticas Industrializadas.
VAT ES B28305621 – N° RGSEAA 31.003179/SE